Sunday, August 19, 2007

NHL Expands

Can ya believe this shit?

The NHL is expanding again!

Per my local paper, the Daily Republic, I picked up this wee bit a data in their “Deals” report in the sports section of the August 17th, 2007 edition. This is the shit you guys: San Antonio and Hershey teams are now in the NHL. No bullshit -- it was right there in print.

I’m thinkin: What the fuck is Bettman up to now. I mean what the ba-dinky? Newspapers don’t feed ya lies do they? I mean my blog here is often times full a shit - but that’s cuz “I’m allowed!”. But don’t newspapers have to feed ya the straight shit? Ehh?

Screw Bettman - maybe this is a good deal. San Antonio in recent years has grown bigger then Dallas and Dallas has the Stars so why shouldn’t San Antone have a team. In my visits to the home of the Alamo over the years I’ve seen that they’ve had the Iguanas that were in the CHL and then there were the Dragons that were in the IHL. So why not now, shouldn’t San Antonio have the Rampage in the NHL instead of the AHL.

Can you imagine the excitement that journeyman tough guy, Pete Vandemeer, was feeling when he found out that he was joining the NHL’s new San Antonio team. That’s what the “Deals” blurb said right there with the another blurb that said left wing, Tanner Glass, agreed to terms with the Florida Panthers.

I’m telling ya those folks in Bexar County, Texas are in for some excitement with Vandemeer. He’s led three different leagues in penalty minutes over the last eleven years. In 1998/1999 he led the UHL with 390 minutes, in 1999/2000 he led the ECHL with 457 minutes and then in 2003/2004 he led the AHL with 398 penalty minutes. The dude plays some old time hockey, ehh? Like to see him and Sean Avery dance a bit wouldn’t ya guys?

The little spec of text about Hershey under the NHL heading stated that Grant Potulny was joining the Bears. I didn’t know much about Grant so I Googled him and found out that he’d gone the full term with the University of Minnesota and then did some time with the Binghamton Senators. Crap, he’s Senators’ property having been drafted by them in the fifth round of 2000.

Now I’m sure that everybody in Hershey, Pennsylvania was excited that the Bears were going NHL after fifty or sixty years, ehh.

But now I’m becoming a little leery of this shit I read. I’m thinking that Hershey really couldn’t support an NHL franchise. It’s definitely a great town for chocolate, yup. But the Bears have been associated with the Capitals lately. So what gives?

So I go back and Google Vandemeer too and low and behold I see that he’s been property of the Capitals.

Shit are the gears spinning in my head now! I’ve got to figure that this section of sports transactions listed in my local paper just might be a conspiracy coming out of Washington, DC. There’s just too much co-inky-dinky for it to be anything else. Those folks over there in our nation’s capital are so good at spinning the shit that this has got to be the case.

It’s got to be the case, ehh? I’m beginning to think that this is all a big fat lie. The Caps are just trying to stress out the upper management of all the other teams. The other NHL management, right, are now trying to figure out how to revise their schedules and make new hotel and flight arrangements to accommodate the coming changes? That shit can just really throw ya off your game, ya know. I've been there, done that.

Yeah, its gotta be a big spin by the Caps …..

..... Or was it just a stupid typo in my local paper?

The season’s coming soon and your summer leagues are winding down so skate hard my friends and walk with wood!

Stay tuned for next week’s pile a shit.

Catch ya in the corner!

Jasper

No comments: